So what’s a typical day for someone doing the sort of work that I do? Well, today is an “office day” for me which comes on the back of a board meeting for one of the businesses where I am a non exec. So today will consist of the following;
1. Completing my weekly accounts as I didn’t get the chance over the weekend due to my trip to London
2. Make final amendments to a proposal I have made pitching for work
3. Speaking to an existing client who is getting ready to open his first unit
4. Pitching for business to a new client
5. Call the lady who is designing my website and logo (both of which are much overdue!)
6. Set up some meetings for when I am in London on Thursday
7. Take a call from the CEO of one of the other businesses where I am a non exec
8. Catch up on various emails
9. Take a call with a small business where I am pitching for work.
10. Complete the presentation which I will be giving later this month
11. Spend some time replying to people on LinkedIn
It’s nothing if not varied!